- fill a clear container (lidded) with pure water
- place the container outside or at least on a windowsill where moonlight will touch it
- (optional) you can bless and/or say a chant over the water
- leave the container there from moonrise to just before sunrise
- you can add crystals to it, such as clear quartz (be sure not to add crystals that are toxic or water soluble, especially if you plan to drink the water or add it to food/teas)
- you can also add herbs to it, such as lavender or chamomile.
here are some ideas on how to use moon water.